Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Work in Progress...

Here is the next day's work.  I'm getting used to the tinted graphite - but I still miss the super soft blending of my normal pencils.  These little curls are becoming such a fun exercise!  It is just like putting a puzzle together.  At first, there is just a mess of squiggles, but as each curl is defined - it all comes together.  I still need to put more color on the face, then the shirt.  Last, I will blend in the background.  Nothing distinct, just color and shading..........I hope it turns out!  I want to enter this in a drawing competition, if all goes well :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I would love to see your art exhibit if you are ever exhibiting in the Overland Park, Kansas area. I collect art. I truly love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan! I do the STEMS event each year at the Overland Park Arboretum in June and July. I normally have several pieces which are displayed in a couple of different places in OP at that time. I am going to apply to hang in the Shawnee Mission West Gallery (I am an alum) - but I know there is a waiting list. I will let you know when I do hang in your area. The Mother and Babe piece is currently hanging at the Kansas City Club on Baltimore through October 19th, and I think that is the closest to you at present.

    ReplyDelete