Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Little Night Magic

A Little Night Magic
Oil on panel - 11x14
Original Sold
Print Available
This new nocturne painting is of the Kansas City Club (the 13th and Baltimore location from 1922-2002) to commemorate their 130th Anniversary.  This cityscape was submitted to the Buttonwood Gallery yesterday.  I have really been getting into these nocturne paints lately - thanks  to Jason Sacran and John Lassater and an October night paint on the square in Carthage, MO!  This is only my fourth one, ever, and the possibilities are just unfolding before me.  Cityscapes are also a change of venue - and I am finding that I love painting them.  It is so fun working from dark to light - just the opposite of my normal daylight process.  Learning new techniques and stretching the boundaries can be so exciting - and challenging at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment