Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jacob Shoveling Snow

Jacob Shoveling Snow
Watercolor on paper
Jacob is my brother's oldest son, and they live in Florida.  Two years ago we had a beautiful snow for Christmas for them to enjoy!  He and Ethan shoveled and helped build an igloo with my youngest two children.  To commemorate the occasion, I chose this subject for a little watercolor exploration.  I seldom use watercolor, and have very little experience with it, but have been told by many artists that my painting style is well suited to it.  It is like a vacation to take on a new medium for a bit.  Art is all about pushing the boundaries and getting out of our comfort zones.  The more I explore, the more I learn, and all of that I apply to the next painting.  Each one is the sum of all that I have learned to that point.  My brother's family is coming back again this Christmas, I sure hope we have another wonderful snow for my Florida boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment