Saturday, December 15, 2012

Nestled in the Pine

Nestled in the Pine
Acrylic on Panel
I have several bird feeders right outside the bay window in my kitchen.  Birds constantly fly from feeder to tree and back again.  Sometimes they line up in a holding pattern on the Rose of Sharon, awaiting an opening to dine.  When it is just too cold to go out and paint, or if I simply prefer to be warmly tucked in with hot tea, I paint from life at this window.  I have always loved birds, and I have quite an assortment to choose from.  This little blue jay is a frequent visitor, along with a few others in his family.  When I paint birds, I prefer the acrylics - by far.  I can paint exact lines and feathers that I just can't get with the creamy oils.  The acrylics lend an airy quality these little creatures.  My mother also loves these bird paintings - and I always think of her when I paint them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment