Monday, January 28, 2013

First Guitar Lesson

First Guitar Lesson
Oil on panel, 12x9
Today, I get serious about figure work.  I have always drawn figures and portraits in graphite, but I have never really tried painting them in oils.  It is something I really want to be good at, and that only happens with a lot of hard work with the paints.  A few days ago my youngest daughter was teaching little Alan a few chords on the Baby Taylor, and here I have captured that moment in oils.  I can't wait to see where this path leads me.......This is day 27 of the 30 day painting challenge, and there are only a few days left :)

4 comments:

  1. Great painting,although daunting, painting portraits is the most rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roger. You are right - daunting is the perfect word for painting portraits! I only strive to do the subject justice :)

      Delete
  2. How wonderful. What a great way to remember this special moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teddy. I have wanted to do this for a long time - but I just never found the courage to try it. I am so glad I finally did :)

      Delete