Thursday, January 17, 2013

Glistening Snow

Glistening Snow
Oil on panel, 16x12
Knowing this would be a busy day, I worked from photo reference taken last week of a stream close to home.  This painting day was one full of starts and stops.  About half way through this process, my focus changed.  I suddenly wanted this painting to be about the brushwork.  The snow was fresh and sparkly on that morning - and I wanted that to come through with the oils.  The paint is heavy - and the strokes vary - switching from left to right.  This causes the light to reflect and glisten - lie the snow.  This is day 16 of Leslie Saeta's 30 day painting challenge - and I've not missed one yet!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely location. The painting is beautiful. I love the trees.And I do love your brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely work, I enjoyed looking throught them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan and Debra! I am having so much fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete