Sunday, January 13, 2013

Home Through the Corn Field

Home Through the Corn Field
Oil on panel, 16x12
This was a remarkable painting day! I finished with the day's tasks by 2:00, and could start my painting at a leisurely pace.  I wanted time to accurately capture this place - as it is home - and dear to my heart.  I picked up a tube of Windsor Newton white (since I have not had a chance to get over to Utrecht).  I had forgotten how much I love the character of the pigment!  It has been a joy to lay in these last two paintings with it - I may not go back to my other favorite brand......This is day 12 of the 30 day painting challenge - and I feel like I am turning over a new leaf with these recent oils :)

4 comments:

  1. Tammie this is a wonderful painting. It reminds me so much of rural upstate NY where I grew up. Yes, we had plenty of corn fields. The light hues in this painting really work so well. I love seeing all the work of the painters participating in Leslie's 30 days. So glad I found your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan! We have a beautiful light snow on, and I am planning on painting the row of snow topped hay bales by the pond today. I love these rural scenes, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting. It reminds me of my childhood on an Indiana farm. Wonderful color, light and composition. The mood is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan! I love painting here - there is an endless amount of subject matter on the farm - and I'm not ever far from comfort!

    ReplyDelete