Monday, January 21, 2013

Nushi's Favorite Spot

Nushi's Favorite Spot
Oil on panel, 10x8
MVIS Zoo Paint-Out
 This painting day was spent at the Kansas City Zoo - on a Missouri Valley Impressionist's Society Plein Air Paint-Out.  This Red Crowned Crane spent at least an hour in front of this little waterfall with a jet shooting right into her face!  Mind you, it is in the 20's and ice has formed on the sides of the fall - and she loves the this spot!  Only leaving it for a few minutes, she made a great animal subject - keeping this position as long as I needed her to.  I have never painted zoo animals in plein air - and this was a wonderful experience!  I hope to return often!  This is day 20 of the 30 day painting challenge - and I am so glad I am a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on braving the weather. Nice and loose - I'm sure the cold made you paint faster. :-D

    ReplyDelete