Monday, January 7, 2013

Path Through the Snow

Path Through the Snow
Oil on panel, 8x6
Day 6 of the painting challenge - and boy am I glad I had time to paint 2 one day last week!  With a tightly packed schedule today - there has been no time for my oils!  Not far from home, this little path is really a dried up creek bed - now filled in with snow.   The day was overcast, a little moody, and the wind was kicking up.  Painting from my car, I quickly blocked this one in.  I am using another new color - venetian red in the Maimeri oils.  I think this image shows the red as being stronger than it truly is - and I will try to get a new image when I have the time.  The paint was smooth and ultra creamy.  This was a fast paint, so I may go back and make a few adjustments.......A tip I picked up from another plein air "car" painter in Maine - gorilla tape is great for attaching your panel to the steering wheel.  She says it is good from 0 - 90 degrees, but under 10 below - it doesn't stick to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment