Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Dark Winter's Day

A Dark Winter's Day
Oil on panel, 10x8
I don't think I've painted a winter landscape like this for a month!  It is such a dark, overcast day - a cool light to capture a local creek.  I am painting small today, as I am squeezing this in between Michael's basketball game and dinner out with friends.  There was a dusting of snow on this morning, but it was gone before we got back home from the game.  It can be challenging sometimes to find the beauty on such a dreary day, and with a dry winter landscape.  So today, I explore the beauty in the browns, with just a little burnt sienna and green to set it off.  This is the 44th painting in a row :) 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Painting.
    The snow was a special order for my "Let It Snow" Workshop. See the student's paintings on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teddy! I will check them out :)

    ReplyDelete