Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Taste of Europe

A Taste of Europe
Oil on panel, 8x10
This painting was started en plein air in acrylic, and finished today in oils.  The very geometric lines of the buildings drew me in - calling to be painted.  All of the different roof pitches and angles make for some fun and dramatic perspective!  This painting has become more of a portrayal of what I would do with the north side of the Longview Shelter Barn - adding window boxes and flowers to adorn the beautiful building.  Since we are beginning to plan a trip to Europe - these additions to add a little european flare were only natural!  Isn't artistic license great?  The thing I love best about painting every day, is getting up each morning, and just being able to paint whatever I feel like painting.  It is liberating and exhilarating, just a little piece of freedom in a very busy life.  I think this is called painting therapy!  So, this is the 36th day of completed paintings........and I guess that makes 36 days of therapy!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. I love this one. A little taste of Europe is good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Do you recognize the spot? The doorway was actually a window - but I needed more of a focal point, a way to lead into the painting instead of up and out :)

    ReplyDelete