Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Big Snow at the Barn

Big Snow at the Barn
Oil on panel, 16x12
This winter wonderland continues! Another day of the kids home from school due to the weather - and we have another snow day tomorrow!  I don't ever remember a snow that continued to cling to the trees after the first day - but this one does!  It all still looks like new fallen snow, drifted and unmelted by the sun.   I am on the south side of the milk barn today, where the snow has drifted halfway up the leaning gate.    The cedars are glorious and heavy with snow, I may just paint them tomorrow!  Today makes 55 paintings in 55 days.  I never thought I'd be here when I took that 30 in 30 painting challenge :)

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful scene and so well done it makes me want to look out my window at a winter wonderland like that. I am so impressed that you continued your daily painting and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sherri! It has been a fun adventure since the 1st of january! I haven't seen a snow like this since I was a kid - so I really want to capture it before it melts! Thank you for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I don't know how long I can keep it up, but I'm going to do my best to stick with it!

      Delete