Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chandelier Light

Chandelier Light
Oil on panel, 9x12
Some nights, when I can not sleep, settings for interiors run through my head.  I almost always get up and set them up, taking photos for reference - to start the next day.  This is one of those scenes!  Some of my favorite things are in this one - one of Mom's china teacups from the set she gave us on our wedding day, four favorite books, an antique dresser from my parents, beautiful old magnifying glass I found while on a trip with friends, and perhaps my favorite lamp in the house.  This chandelier makes me happy just to see it aglow in the kitchen and it was given to me by one of my favorite people!  It casts the most beautiful, warm light - and I've tried to capture it here.  I'm working late this evening - after a day of family fun - sledding with the kids and grandkids, followed by dinner out.  No stress getting this done, though.  The huge amount of snow has cancelled all of our activities across the board - leaving me extra time for painting - and sledding!  This is the 51st painting in a row - and I'm really enjoying the paint time this evening :)

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely and inviting painting! And your blog is adorable! Thanks for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie! I just started these interiors half way through the 30 in 30 challenge - and I find that I really love painting them! It feels like I am painting secret little niches in my home for all the world to see. That challenge simply opened so many doors in my mind, there is no stopping it now!

      Delete