Monday, February 4, 2013

Guitarist

Guitarist
Oil on panel, 11x14
We went to see the band Tailspin play in Martin City on Saturday night with friends.  This guitarist, Noel,  plays in the band.  I love the way the light illuminated the guitar and his shirt.  Now that I am painting figures - no one is safe.  I see paintings everywhere I look........another bonus of painting every day.  It is as if I am now conditioned to see all things in a new way.  So fun and pretty challenging to explore these new compositions!  I underpainted this panel in a dark wash before beginning to lay down the lights.  Once I had the figure the way I wanted it, I went into the background with bold paint - just picking up the spots of color in the dark.  Super fun.  I really do like working with such dark colors - like night scenes.  I may just paint a couple more from this night a little later.  This makes 33 days of paintings.......

4 comments:

  1. Tammie:
    I think another whole area of the painting world has opened for you. Great work. Especially, like the guitar and the bright colors added to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddy! You know, after the very first one, I just thought, "Wow........ I didn't know I could do that." And the funny thing is - it is very natural, like the graphite drawing is for me. Crazy. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tammie I'm sure Noel will Be pleasantly suprised, what a fantastic painting. Thanks to you and Mike for coming out it was great to see you two, and give you some subject matter as well(lol) Keep it up, you have such a gift. Thank You. :-)

    Caine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Caine! I also have a pic of you I plan on painting sometime this week :) Thanks for the subject matter!!

    ReplyDelete