Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jesse James Farm

Jesse James Farm
Oil on panel, 14x11
On Location
The Missouri Valley Impressionist's paint out for today was at the historic birthplace of Jesse James.  It was beautiful, so warm for a February day - 57 degrees when I packed up!  This is my first paint of the day - my second of the creek is only blocked in.  I stopped a little early to take the house tour!  I picked the distant view because I loved the lay of the land, and how the hills swept toward the house.  Can't you just imagine Jesse riding his horse along this trail to his house?  I'll try to finish the creek painting in a bit, and post it tomorrow.  This is my 45th painting in a row :)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet painting. What a great day for a paint out. Very nice on location photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teddy! We really lucked out on the beautiful weather for this paint out!

      Delete