Monday, March 4, 2013

Morning Snow

Morning Snow
Oil on panel, 10x8
With a VERY busy schedule today, I painted early.  The sun was out and casting the most beautiful shadows on the still heavy snow.  A welcome sight after so many gray days!  My panel was heavily textured, and I painted loose and free on this landscape - partly because I had to hurry to complete it before leaving the house!  I love this color scheme for a winter painting - there is something so fresh about the warm pinks, cool blues and soft violets.  We had some melting today, so tomorrow may just be my last snow painting until the next snow.  I think I'll paint the corral tomorrow, the north side is still snow packed.  This is painting 60 in 60 days.  I have officially doubled my goal :)

4 comments:

  1. as always, I am suprised by the colors - your winer never cold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nat! I had fun using the palette knife to add texture to this one! It is always fun to explore new techniques :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on doubling your daily painting goal. Like the texture and shadows in this one.
    I am ready to move on to spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teddy! I want to do another one of those painting collages for all of the February work. I was going to do it on the last day, but that has slipped past me a bit! Maybe I'll get to it today!

      Delete