Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Orange Impression

Orange Impression
Oil on panel, 10x8
Today, I am painting my breakfast - and  getting impressionistic with the fracturing technique I just learned!  I modified my methods a little, and perhaps the edges are not as broken as on Tuesday's painting.  It is fun to apply such bold color, as this is not my norm.  This experimentation is such a great way to keep inspired and fresh - even if it takes me to some crazy places!  At one point, I set down a brush and went to pick up a slice and eat it!  Big no-no!  No eating while oil painting!  I don't want to ingest heavy metals - and there are a LOT of cads in this painting.  This is the 69th in 69 days.  I hope to work on a large painting next :)

7 comments:

  1. do you draw before brekfast?!
    it is too hard for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat until I am up for a while. I had to paint early this day - because I knew how busy I would be the rest of the day :)

      Delete
    2. :D I know your secret now, how to keep the beautiful line!
      have a nice day
      Nat

      Delete
  2. Love this technique. It looks as it would work very well with acrylics. Bit less heavy metals in there ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I think you could do this easily with Golden Open Acrylics. I almost always used acrylics until 2 years ago. Once I started using oils, it is hard for me to go back :)

      Delete
  3. Nice technique you have going there, keep it up.

    ~Randall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Randall! A new technique can be a little daunting - to say the least! I will keep trying it out on new subjects :)

      Delete