Friday, March 1, 2013

Precious Bundle

Precious Bundle
Graphite on bristol, 16x20
sold
Graphite on vellum bristol is one of my very favorite mediums.  The first medium I can ever remember using was little old pencils kept in a waxy old cardboard box about the size of a double card deck.  My Grandma Frank had these and a large tablet of Big Chief writing paper - red with a black line drawing of the profile of a chief - majestic with his feather headdress.  There was a small child size desk and chair in the northwest corner of the kitchen, my own personal cubbie for drawing and creating anything I could imagine.  I could look right out of the big window as I worked, listening to the cheerful voices of my mom and grandma talking.  So many happy memories of childhood. With the little art supplies always at the ready, my family was fostering a love of creating for me that has lasted a lifetime.  Life is all about the ties of family and I absolutely love capturing these moments in graphite.  This portrait of mother and baby is my 57th artwork in 57 days (although I have worked on this for several days and have only finished today) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment