Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sugar Creek Vineyard

Sugar Creek Vineyard
Oil on panel, 12x6
In September, I had the sheer pleasure of attending the Winemaker's Social at the Sugar Creek Winery in Augusta, Missouri.  We took this path to the top of the hill to an amazing view of the surrounding vineyards.  The clouds opened up, with a gorgeous sunset bathing the hill with an orange glow just in time for the opening toasts.  The pairings of each individual winery's appetizers with select wines were unbelievably delicious!  After this, we were taken down to a magnificent dinner, complete with several other wine selections with the different courses.  It was a chilly night, and as we took our seats and warmed blankets were brought to us - to lay over our laps!  The tables were beautifully set, reminding me of an upscale wedding reception.  The food just could not have been any better and the crowning jewel - Bananas Foster!  I loved being able to taste all the different wines paired perfectly food.  This was truly a treat - one I will never forget.  If this is to be a part of their Harvest Festival next year, I hope to again attend and highly recommend it to anyone who savors wine!  I painted this from the cell phones pictures I took on that night, and it sure does bring back delicious memories!  This is my 59th painting in 59 days!

6 comments:

  1. This brings back pleasant memories. Especially like the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teddy! It was fun to get back to painting familiar landscapes! Just what I needed with such a busy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Lovely warm and sunny landscape ! My gosh, you really paint a lot ! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I have been so inspired by the 30 in 30 challenge - I am just trying to keep up as long as I can! It is such a good creative outlet - my whole day goes better if I can just get my "sanity" painting in! My oldest son marries in a month, and I'll have a house full of family for the week before and after - so I might not be able to keep it up during all the special events!

      Delete
  3. Tammie, I love this, and your story of the occasion makes it even better. Nice composition and lovely colors. And I can't believe you are still doing a painting a day! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cindy! It has really been a fun adventure to paint every day! I have learned so much in such a short time - I think I'm afraid to NOT keep it up! I'm hoping that this will all become second nature - like brushing my teeth and washing my face - to paint effortlessly! I think THAT will be my long term goal :)

    ReplyDelete