Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Corral in Winter

The Corral in Winter
Oil on panel, 12x9
I have so many childhood memories of exploring this corral with my brother, and sometimes the extended cousins.  First, we had to make sure the cattle were in another field - and we'd scurry over to climb the fences!  I loved to walk the top rail like a tightrope!  Today, I wanted to approach this barn with a free and loose wielding of the paint.  Using a new technique,  I used the  "palette" knife (credit card) to work up everything from the barn to the trees and snow.  I have to thank Julie Ford Oliver for talking about it in her blog - she inspired me to try it!  SUPER fun!  Painting 61 in 61 days....I think I'll start another...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Wanda! It was so fun adding the texture with a credit card! I was surprised how easy it made the trees - it makes we want to jump right back in to another painting!

      Delete
  2. touching story of painting,
    waiting for another one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nat! I think I am painting the Mount Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO, next. I want to try out the palette knife on a spring landscape, too :)

    ReplyDelete