Friday, April 19, 2013

Birdbath at Sunrise

Birdbath at Sunrise
Oil on panel, 11x14
not available
So, this is day three of the Augusta Plein Air Festival, and I painted this one at the Sunrise Paint at Frisella's Nursery.  The morning was SO cold, and the wind was absolutely biting!  Frisella's was so gracious to allow us to paint in the greenhouse!  Surrounded by garden beauty and flowers, it was hard to narrow down a painting subject!  Two scenes from outdoors were also calling my name - but the wood stove and a warm place to paint won the contest!  This was my first painting of the day - and thoroughly enjoyable!  I could paint the gardens in all their glory all day long.  I love the color and movement, the breath of life that flows through the foliage and flowers.  We next did a little scouting for paint spots before heading to Balducci's for the Sunset Paint.  I will post that painting another day.  This is painting number 106 in as many days.  I'd better get to bed - I have another sunrise paint in the morning!
On location

No comments:

Post a Comment