Friday, April 12, 2013

First Light

First Light
Acrylic on panel, 8x10
Tonight finds me a little worn out after another very busy day.  I have a complicated landscape on my easel, and not enough hours left to finish it.  I love watching these little chickadees flitting from branch to branch outside my windows.  Taking turns at the feeders, it is almost like a dance among them.  I lay aside my oils, using acrylics on this one.  I like the way they define the birds.  This is a sweet and simple composition - and early morning light that is soft and easy on the eyes.  I will probably top this one off with oils tomorrow - especially the branches.  But for now, I will let this one rest - and maybe I can get some rest, too.  Another busy day tomorrow.  This is painting number 99 in 99 days.  I should do something fantastic for number 100...........how will I find the time?  I hope tomorrow finds me full of fresh enthusiasm :)

2 comments:

  1. The Chickadees , #99 is a perfect painting. I'm sure you'll find just the right one for the 100th.Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annabelle! You are so sweet! I so appreciate you stopping in and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete