Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Night Falls on the JC Nichols Fountain

Night Falls on the JC Nichols Fountain
Oil on birch panel, 24x20
I can remember my dad going down to the plaza when I was a child - and taking the most wonderful photographs of this fountain at night!  Originally made in Paris in 1910 by Henri Leon Greber for an estate in New York, it was relocated here in 1960.  I love the dramatic lines and the directional sprays of water.  Since I was born in the "city of fountains", I have decided that I should be proficient at painting them!  This is only the first of many plaza fountains I plan to paint!  I will take a better photo in the daylight tomorrow - since this one has glares all over in the thick paint!  Painting number 89 in 89 days - although this one took 2 days to complete :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie. Wow! 89 paintings in 89 days. Good Job!
    Thank you for posting on my blog. It's nice to "meet" other artists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! I think the support of the artist community is really fun here, too!

      Delete
  2. Tammie :) what an amising lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! This is the first time I painted a lit fountain at night! It was a bit challenging!

      Delete