Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Whispering Spring

Whispering Spring
Oil over acrylic on panel
On display at the Executive offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield
With my son's wedding quickly approaching, I had worked a couple of paintings ahead in the event I could not get to the easel.  Good thing I did!  I painted this from photos I had taken at the Maggie Marsh up in Ohio near Lake Erie.  Years ago, it was very well maintained, almost manicured.  I remember the park full of people enjoying the wildlife refuge, beach and walking trails.   As so many places, they have lost funding with the economy downturn.  Now, this place has almost returned to it's natural state.  Still lovely, but lonely and remote. Long beaches now inhabited only with seagulls and outbuiidings no longer used. Painting number 90 in 90 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment