Thursday, May 30, 2013

Michael

Michael
Graphite on bristol, 12x16
not for sale
On this very rainy day, there was no opportunity for painting en plein air.  On such gray days as these, I love to work in graphite.  I have been working on a special father and baby portrait, but it is still not ready to post.  So, for today's entry I am choosing a portrait drawn from one of my favorite candid shots of my youngest son.  I love the joy on his little face as he discovers something new!  So special are those days, and so fleeting,  This little darling is now 13 years old, and much taller than I am.  I have so many wonderful memories of all five of my children.  I will never have enough time to draw or paint them all.  Just this week, my youngest daughter brought two ducklings into our household.  Next week, I will have to put them down in paint - or graphite, maybe in the hands of the kids.  Another memory to capture, as they all fly by so fast.  This is the 147th day this year of paintings (or drawings).  Hope I can knock out a couple tomorrow, and praying for good weather :)

2 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful. He is adorable. Time does go so fast. You are lucky to be able to capture so much with your wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete