Friday, May 31, 2013

Of Memories and Roses

Of Memories and Roses
Oil on panel, 9x12
Deanna Rose Farm, Memory Bench
The rain poured heavy this morning, allowing me to get some housework finished.  As the skies cleared a little, I packed my gear and headed to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead.  Much to my surprise - there was very little traffic here today, making it the ideal day to get a little painting done.  The last time I was here, it was so crowded that it was hard to keep my focus.  Not so today.  I was also able to park in the east lot, which meant I didn't have to carry my gear all the way back there - about as far from the front gate as possible.  I worked in the deep shade, quickly laying this scene to canvas.  It is a memorial bench dated from 1991, and the rose is so lovely and heavy with bloom.  I have a weakness for roses on arbors - so here I have painted yet another.  I am posting a bit sooner than normal, as I am headed out to paint another nocturne.  I sure hope the weather cooperates!  This is painting number 148 in 148 days.

4 comments:

  1. Tammie, this is so beautiful. I love the roses and the stone work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful and so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie your work is absolutely beautiful. 148 paintings out of 148 days is incredible. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful and in one day, oh my goodness. I wish I could paint like that in so little time. The bench is just perfect.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete