Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pony Rides

Pony Rides
Oil on panel, 11x14
I have only just arrived home from a very busy day.  First, I was out at the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead to paint this painting of the pony rides, then to the Arboretum, home in time to get ready for dinner out, finishing with a four course meal at the Melting Pot on the plaza!  So, I am posting this first painting, even though I have some work yet to do.  Let me tell you, painting these ponies en plein air is certainly a challenge!  The move constantly, and they are being taken out for rides for long periods of time.  I had blocked in the front pony (Annie), when she was removed - not to return until my last 15 minutes of painting!  So, I moved to the next one, and the furthest one, and then all of the background landscape - until she returned!  The line of children formed right behind me - so close that I was bumped into, and I could not stand back from my work.  I need to strengthen my darks here - and my highlights, before calling this one done.  This one makes 140 paintings in 140 days.  I hope to get this one tweaked and repost the finish tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment