Thursday, May 9, 2013

San Juan River Bluffs

San Juan River Bluffs
Oil on panel, 14x11
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I started this painting on location at the River Walk Park just east of Pagosa Springs.  There are 2 ponds on site to catch the reflections of the bluffs.  I sketched it out in pastel, and was just ready to start laying paint - when I realized we had to get back in time to hear a jazz band play in town!  This is the way so many painting days go.....having to stop just when I am getting in the zone.  So, this one was completed back at the room.  Staying up late to finish, as I doubt I'll be able to paint tomorrow.  I sure wish I had been able to paint two a day all week long.......this one makes 126 paintings in 126 days.  So many beautiful sites, so little time.........

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings! You have a gorgeous soft touch. Very nice. I am now a follower.
    Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on continuing to meet your painting challenge. Nice work as always. Enjoyed our painting adventures in Pagosa Springs, CO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teddy! I have enough reference work for another 100 paintings from Pagosa, alone! How am I ever going to get to them all?

      Delete