Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Together in the Woods

Together in the Woods
oil on panel, 11x14
Overland Park Arboretum
I painted the garden landscape two days ago from under these trees.  Wearing my hat to prevent bloom debris from landing in my hair,  I also had to guard my palette at every strong breeze to keep the little bloom strands from landing in my paints.  I love the way these trees stand tall on the mound of earth.  It has called to me each time I have passed by in search of a painting location.  So, today was the day.  I had a limited window to work with, dodging rain and the kid's activities.  I had already composed this one in my head, and the strokes were applied quick and loose, in case of a sudden rain.  I think you can tell that I applied the grass last - and super fast!  Maybe I'll try a whole painting in this loose style, maybe a 30 minute paint..........!  This is the 145th painting in 145 days, and now I am back to my errands!

1 comment: