Friday, June 28, 2013

Arms Full of Love

Arms Full of Love
Charcoal and white pastel on mi-teintes paper
Tonight I am playing with my childhood friends, the charcoals!  I don't think I have ever even used the white charcoal before tonight, and honestly, I am unimpressed.  It simply didn't have any real highlight power, when laid on top of the black charcoal.  So, I pulled out one of my white pastels to push a little light in.  I feel like I am just beginning to learn how to work with these charcoals.  I think I will much prefer working on art spectrum sanded paper - but I simply don't want to take the time to dig it out.  If I am going to start using the charcoals frequently, then I need to do a little exploring down the paper isle at the art store.  I am using simply what I had on hand - and I'm not sure why I even bought them in the first place.  I plan to use this charcoal drawing as a study for an oil painting.  For the painting, I think I will crop in a little closer - to add a little more drama to the piece.  That is the great thing about drawing the study first - I can clearly see the needed adjustments.  This is artwork number 176 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment