Monday, June 10, 2013

Cascading Roses

Cascading Roses
Oil on panel, 14x11
Loose Park Rose Garden
I simply adore the Loose Park Rose Garden!  This painting is of the outer circle of arbors that surrounds the water fountain.  These roses are  overflowing with blooms like cups running over!  When I picked out this landscape, I wondered which size to choose for my panel.  I erred on the side of logic, picking a 14x11, as 16x12 would take longer - and I didn't have that much time.  Oh, how I wish I had chosen a larger size!  This landscape is so regal, it simply begs to be in a grand size!  I will get to at a later date........painting number 158 in 158 days.  What shall I paint tomorrow?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Tammie! This is so lovely and dreamy!
    Beautiful!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammie, this is such a gorgeous painting. It looks like a place I'd like to visit. I am constantly amazed by your open air paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunningly beautiful painting Tammie-wow- I have such admiration for artists with such talent like you. This looks like a museum piece. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your brushwork just amazes and inspires me... beautiful work...xx

    ReplyDelete