Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cottage Illumination

Here is the nocturne I rushed off to paint last night again in old town Overland Park - a renovated 1908 bungalow.  Craig Sole is a such a kind, gracious host!  In the two times I have been there painting, he has come out with cold water with key limes, lemons and oranges - and last night he brought out split pea soup to nourish us!  This was a fun paint - so much to see with the indoor lights and the street lights on.  There is quite a glare on this photo - so I will try to get another tomorrow in the daylight.  The sky is actually a darker blue, and the house reads whiter than it really is. This is my 149th painting in 149 days as the Stems event comes to a close tomorrow.
Cottage Illumination
Oil on panel, 16x12
Old Town Overland Park

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous painting, I love the look of this little home. I always find painting outdoors makes such a difference to a piece.

    ReplyDelete