Monday, June 24, 2013

Heavenly Hydrangea

Heavenly Hydrangea
Oil on panel, 9x12
Each day now is SO full of yard work in preparation for our annual 4th of July party.  In fine tuning every flower bed, I could see the need for just a few more annuals.  I need things that will be even more beautiful by August - when we have another event planned.  So, while on a trip to the local nursery today, I spotted these beautiful, white hydrangea.  They are very tall already, and in a very large pot.  My daughter and I  had our hands full of a few more annuals, three more perennials and several unusual herbs, so I didn't pick this one up.  After planting all the rest - and thinking of the one left behind, I came in and painted it!  I have a lot of flowers, and any time I come across a variety I do not already have - I pick it up!  I guess I am an avid collector of flowers and plants.  I am heading back up to that nursery in the morning to pick this baby up, too.  I am thinking of planting it somewhere near the pool.......This is my 172nd painting in 172 days.  What new adventure will tomorrow bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment