Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nature Trail Pond

Nature Trail Pond
Powell Gardens
Kingsville, Missouri
This peaceful setting is in Kingsville, Missouri at Powell Gardens.  There is a nature trail - called the Byron Shutz - that takes you right past this pond and around the skirt of the whole property.  On such a warm and windy June day, this little place of solace was out of the hustle and bustle of the normal garden traffic.  I just love the landscapes that take me back to my childhood.  Visiting my great uncle's farm in Adrian, Missouri and my weekly trips to visit my dearest Grandma Frank -were places of pastures, woods and ponds.  I still love this time of year when the frogs are popping out, and their sweet music is lulling me to sleep each night.  Such is life in the country, and I don't think I could ever go back to the suburbs.  This is painting number 178 in 178 days.  Now it is time for a nice glass of wine :)

1 comment:

  1. The reflections in this painting are fantastic. Also, I like the warm colors in the foreground. Do you paint all day, every day?

    ReplyDelete