Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pride of Jeek's Farm

Pride of Jeek's Farm
Oil on panel, 12x9
I have fond memories of the first estate paint that I attended at Jeek's Farm in Augusta, Missouri.  It was a very rainy day, and I was using acrylics at the time - so I painted from within the shelter of a barn.  I remember the smell of the wet earth, and the beautiful horses on the property.  The hosts were very gracious, welcoming each artist warmly.  I painted one of the barns on that day, and have only now gotten around to putting these beauties down with oil.  After yesterday's charcoal sketch, this was an easy paint today.  Painting number 175 in 175 days.

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing painting! I love the motion in it :) so wonderful catch the two beautiful creatures in their inviroment ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Conny! I have always loved horses - I want to paint more of them in the future :)

      Delete
  2. oh . . my . . . goodness! This gorgeous! Horses are so difficult to draw and you've painted them beautifully. The proportion and perspective are well executed. I also love the texture and color of the background which lends a dreamy quality to the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The place was magical - so it was natural for some of that dreamy quality to come through with the painting :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic painting, oh the little foal looks so scared. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammie, your work done in the open air is always amazing to me and I know to most of the others at PPF. Your horses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! I have only painted horses a few times - but I am hoping to get more of them done. My neighbors have some beautiful ones just a pasture away from me :)

      Delete
  6. I love horses! This is a wonderful painting. Love the colors you used.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I share your love of horses. We used to have a foxtrotter - and she was simply an amazing horse!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I really loved painting this one :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful painting! You have captured the horses characters so well. I love the colours and composition of this piece:)

    ReplyDelete