Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Arbor

The Arbor
Oil on panel, 6x6
Loose Park Rose Garden
After a full day of working in the yard with the grandsons, I had little energy to think of painting.  When you paint as much as I do, keeping panels prepped and ready is a challenge.  As I looked for a surface tonight, all I could find was 11x14, 12x16, and larger.......and then I found a few 6x6's.  When I'm exhausted, small is by far the wisest choice - even though the scene I wanted to create would have been well suited to a larger size.  The Loose Park rose garden is absolutely gorgeous this week - so I am taking advantage of the beauty!  Arbors like this one surround the rose garden, with a beautiful fountain in the center.  I feel like I have just walked out of a palace and into this garden - that is how amazing this place is!  Painting number 161 in 161 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment