Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Garden Gate

The Garden Gate
Oil on panel, 8x6
Craig Sole's Floral Design
This beautiful gate adorns the walk from the parking lot to the charming cottage of Craig Sole's Floral Design in Overland Park, KS.  For the first time all week, I thought I could start my painting at a leisurely pace.  No one needed to be taxied hither and yon - or so I thought.  Then I get a call from my husband that our daughter's car needed to be dropped off at an upholstery shop 40 minutes prior.  Next, I was ready to begin again, and my other daughter needed me to watch the grandsons for a while before our lunch at a local tea room.  After a few antique shops, we returned home later than expected, and I needed to hurry off to an art reception for the Stems event.  I love these gatherings - it is wonderful to see all of my artist friends again, and great to see all of the amazing paintings on display! Finally arriving home, earlier than expected - I'm ready to jump right into painting.  Nope - my younger daughter needed a trip to Kohl's to pick up a few things for an upcoming trip to Orlando.  So, once again, I am home late and starting my painting at 11:00 at night.  Silly me, thinking this would be a leisurely day for painting!  This is painting number 162 in 162 days :)

1 comment:

  1. What a day and a lovely piece to boot! (I used to live in Overland Park once upon a time.)

    ReplyDelete