Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Dream of Roses

A Dream of Roses
Oil on panel, 8x6
original sold - print available here
This summer, I have been posting a painting each week on the Summer of Color site, which I heard of from other artists who had commented on my work.  Each week this summer, all of the participating artists vote on color combinations.  The artists must then create a painting using these two colors - whatever they may be!  This week's colors are sage and sepia - so with this painting I am using these colors to create an antique, vintage mood.  My roses are again in full bloom, so I have an abundance of subject matter to work from!  This is a total departure from the way I normally use color - but oh (!) - I do like it!  Perhaps this is only the first of a whole series of vintage work........so exciting when something ignites that fire for painting!  This is painting number 195 in as many days - I'm almost to 200!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Works very well with these roses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, so beautiful and fresh :)
    ... and you go on painting every day?!
    respect :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely entry for the final SOC colors. I love how you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, so wonderfully done!. Gorgeous blooms, must be a heavenly sight to walk into the garden with this, and sweet scent in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful,such a dreamy, vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I love how you used this week's colors - so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. Love this one, so delicately beautiful. Gorgeous use of the colours, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS painting!!!.. And oh, does it make me laugh at my last sad attempt to paint ONE single rose!!!.. But I'm not a quitter.. And despite my horrible brushes and cheapest paints on the market, I will not give up! I am determined, and I WILL, SOMEDAY, paint a beautiful rose!... or at least something that remotely LOOKS like one!! (0; Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely piece of art! The color combo looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete