Saturday, July 27, 2013

Confectionary

Confectionery
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Door County Plein Air
Oil on panel, 14x11 - sold
At the top of Cedar and Main Street in Fish Creek, Wisconsin, is this lovely little candy shop.  As I have driven through the villages dotting the landscape, I have noticed that almost every town has a candy shop!  They often don't have grocery stores, but they are covered when it comes to confections.  So many children went in and out of this store as I painted it from the front lawn!  Huge trees sheltered me as I worked, as the constant stream of passers-by chatted and watched me work.  It is such a wonderful environment for painting.  I have met so many wonderful people up here while painting.  This one was bought off the easel - my 206th painting in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment