Thursday, July 11, 2013

Contemplation

Contemplation
Oil on panel, 12x16
I actually had an unbroken window of time today, where I could actually paint this painting all the way through.  This is my oldest grandson, sitting out on the mulch pile out in the garden.  He has such wonderful coloring to capture in oils!  I may come in at this tomorrow, and layer in a bit more color....but for now, I will let it rest.  I have company coming in minutes, and a baseball game after that!  It is one of the reasons I got this one finished up early.  This is painting number 189 in 189 days - and company is already here!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet he is. I think you saved the best for last! Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And the fact that it's your grandson makes it even more special.

    Happy PPF!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautifully done. Reminds me of my son when he was little. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buenisimo work! so real you are a great artist. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing artist, Tammie. Seeing your work is one of the main reasons I keep making an effort to visit all the artists at PPF, although this week, I am only visiting those who left comments last week on mine. Plus a few extras that I really, really love to see their works. Your grandson is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, the light and colors are perfect! And your model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he's adorable and you have captured that childhood innocence perfectly in this painting, just sitting and thinking. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful painting and captivating model:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've beautifully captured such a sweet innocence and a contemplative moment. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful painting from your grandson. I think, the colors are just perfect. So will be the tender and fragile of a child visible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing piece of art. Wonderful depth and the colors draw the eye. You have him in perfect proportion. Truly wonderful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this! You've captured that little boy posture perfectly!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete