Saturday, July 20, 2013

Guarding Her Filly

Guarding Her Filly
Instant Coffee on paper, 12x9
Jeek's Farm, Augusta, Missouri
I have sketched this in charcoal and painted it in oils this last month, but THIS time - I have painted with instant coffee!  That's right, I said coffee!  Folgers is the best brand, and it leaves a wonderful glossy look where the "paint" is the heaviest.  A couple of years ago, this was something we tried in a monthly Tri-County meeting for our workshop.  Finding my supplies for this - I remembered how I loved the rich, warm color these leaves on the paper!  It makes me want to paint more subject matter with it!  It flows onto the paper beautifully, and has such an antique feel to it.  I can just see cowboys on their horses painted in such a medium.  It is important to use Folgers brand instant coffee, because I am told that the others do not have the same color and gloss.  You simply mix a little coffee with water, and start painting.  So fun!  This is painting number 199 in 199 days :)

1 comment:

  1. so lovely
    and tender
    wonderful that you painted with coffee
    i have used coffee a few times, espresso was what i used

    ReplyDelete