Friday, July 19, 2013

Light on the Daylilies

Light on the Daylilies
Oil on panel, 8x10
We had a family evening out to the theater, and upon arriving home, this was the sight outside of my kitchen window.  The sweet light was shooting across the lawn, illuminating the daylilies and some of the garden phlox in the background.  Since I had not had time yet to paint (or even think of subject matter for today) - this landscape jumped out at me.  The panel I picked up was heavily textured - but I am running so low on panels that I scarcely have a choice now on what to use!  Photographing at night, my colors are not true - so I will take another in the daylight.  This painting makes 197 in 197 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful capture of a garden scenery, shades of leaves and all!
    Happy PPF
    Ilona xx

    ReplyDelete