Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lily in the Pond

I have wanted to try my hand at painting water lilies for years!  The lilies at Powell Gardens are so beautiful this year - I knew this was my chance!  Working from a wonderful photo I took at the paint-out, I set out with my oils on a small panel.  (With company here most of the day - small is all I could work in tonight!)  I actually had fun painting this - and I have always been intimidated by these little beauties!  I will be painting another landscape with a broader scope of the pond one day soon.  I couldn't get the blues to show true in this nighttime photo - so I will try to take one during the daylight hours tomorrow.  This is painting number 184 in as many days.  Now, I'm going to go out and watch some more fireworks!  That's the great thing about living in the country - 4th of July is a non-stop week of fireworks displays each night :)
Lily on the Pond
Oil on panel, 6x6
Powell Gardens Lily Pond

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors and amazing water (I am greatly challenged by water, so I admire how well you captured it all more!)

    ReplyDelete