Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shimmer through the Trees

Shimmer through the Trees
Oil on panel, 6x6
I am trying something new today.  To begin, I washed the panel with a thin, peachy burnt sienna.  I always wash my panels, but this is a new color for me.  Then, as I painted, I left this color to show through in outlining areas.  I like the sparkle this adds, contrasting with the blue and violet grays.  This panel had very little texture on it, where most I use these days have quite a bit.  I like the change.  Perhaps, I will lessen the texture for the next batch of panels (which I am in desperate need of!)  I only have a few 6x6's left, then it is up to 16x12's and larger.  On these very, busy summer days - the larger panels seem almost impossible to get covered with such limited time. I will have to get some more cut soon!  This is my 187th painting in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment