Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sister's Sweets

Sister's Sweets
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Door County
oil on panel, 9x12
The town of Fish Creek is such an amazing place!  Picturesque with it's antique buildings and wonderful architecture.  This little sweet shop has the best chocolate in town - so say all the locals!  I will find out tomorrow, as I have been told they have peanut butter cups to die for!  When I started this painting, I actually wanted to do a floral, but the light was too far gone, and the shadows were overtaking my scene.  So, heading towards the shops with the best light show, I picked this beauty out - and began sketching.  This was a fun paint - and I so love the nocturnes!  I was pleasantly surprised the next morning - you never know just what you have until you bring a night paint into the light!  This is painting number 205 in as many days.  Looking forward to another glorious painting day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy painting as well as the chocolate inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judie! It was great fun plein air painting in Door County! Thanks for finding us such a great place to stay!

      Delete