Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Red Kayak

The Red Kayak
Oil on panel, 12x16
Today, for our monthly Tri-County Art League meeting, we had a "Paint In".  This is when all the members bring their own supplies, mediums of choice and paint whatever they want.  I have had this panel sketched out for over a week, but simply did not have time to start blocking it in.  Since I ran short of prep time this morning, I grabbed this off of my easel and took it for my project of the day.  I didn't take my normal set up with me either.  Instead, I brought a table easel, my palette, brushes and safflower oil.  Just the bare minimum.  With no extra paint - and barely enough paper towels - I jumped right in with my block in.  I had painted this spot on location just over a week ago, so the place was still fresh in my mind.  The painting developed quickly, and I was able to finish before I left.  I do see a couple of things I need to adjust, but I will do that in the morning.  We just got home from Michael's last baseball game of the season - where he scored 4 runs (!) and I have got to get in the shower!  This is painting number 194 in 194 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment