Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The River in June

The River in June
Oil on panel, 6x6
I started this painting early this morning, after the housework, and before preparing food for an afternoon lunch, then running my youngest daughter to a friend's house.  I had a lovely time visiting with my Aunt Vicki (in town from Virginia) and Aunt Diana, Tiffany and her family, and Stephanie and her family.  The day was filled with fun and catching up, only to move the party to my house afterwards.  So, here I am again, finishing a small painting late at night - my first chance to get back to it in the whole day.  I still have a 12x16 sketch on my easel, just waiting for me to lay on the paint.  It has been there for days now, after I was interrupted at the critical start time - and I simply haven't had enough time to paint that large since.  Will I ever get back to it?  This is painting number 188 in 188 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment