Friday, August 23, 2013

After the Ride

After the Ride
Oil on panel, 16x12
Civil War Reenactment on the farm
The late afternoon light poured in from the west, putting a warm glow on the countryside.  The horses now tied and grazing after their rides.  In the mid-1800's, this place was a horse farm.  It feels so right to have these beautiful animals back on the farm.  True, the winters are tough when leading them to water - and you really can NOT make them drink, but I still miss having a horse around.  This painting makes 232 in 232 days.  I really have to get more panels cut!  I just don't seem to have a day to dedicate to getting them cut, and priming the surfaces.  I'd rather be painting, after all.......

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely painting. I feel as though I'm there in the scene too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I spent a little more time on this one :)

      Delete