Monday, August 19, 2013

Almost Home

Almost Home
Oil on panel, 16x12
Quantrill's Raiders Reenactment
Cass County, Missouri
Sometimes, I get excited about just starting a painting.  I was able to give this a solid two hours before I was interrupted to pick up Michaela from TSA.  I was really in the zone - and it is SO hard to lay down the brushes at such a time!  Then, an unexpected trip carved out another 2 hours from my painting time.  That drive to paint that lies at my core was chomping at the bit to get back to it!  When nearing completion, another unexpected trip with an hour delay.  I should have been done by 6:00, but it was not to be.  I think I am finished with this one - painting number 228 in 228 days.  I hope tomorrow runs more smoothly than today :)

10 comments:

  1. Your horsey painting is perfect. I love the old world look to this painting. Even the tree look like they came from one of the old masters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! I find that I am really enjoying this subject matter!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful painting! Love your perfect, classical style, so beautiful and harmonious! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing painting! Congratulations on being the featured artist on PPF:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris! It was so fun to find out I was featured for the week! Happy PPF!

      Delete
  4. isn't that the way of life? interruptions and creating between them. your piece gives a feeling of another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your paintings are breathtaking! I love the peaceful feeling of this one.

    ReplyDelete