Friday, August 16, 2013

Calm Water

Calm Water
Oil over acrylic on canvas, 8x10
With the kids now in school, my schedule has changed a bit.  Up at 5:00, kids on the bus at 6:20, morning housework normally takes at least an hour, and then I have jumped into painting a quick one.  For the next few days, if I don't paint first thing, I may not get another chance!  We are hosting upwards of 50 soldiers and horses on our land for a reenactment.  Add to that another 50-100 people coming by at various times during the event - and I am going to be extremely busy! With calm and soothing thoughts, I have painted a quiet Colorado landscape for today.  Trying to channel tranquility for all that is about to come!  I have painted on canvas today - mainly because I am running out of surfaces.  I don't really care for the tooth of canvas or linen, I much prefer a wood panel.  But every so often, I give canvas another try.  This is painting number 225 in as many days.  Now, it is time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment